The Responsible Care ethic is rooted in the principles of safety and sustainability. Its Code of Conduct encourages member organizations to lead the way to improve environmental and safety performance within the chemical industry. It compels member companies to do more than just follow regulations. It requires them to do what is right and to be seen to do the right thing. Here at ERCO Worldwide, our people have dedicated themselves, our technology, and business practices, to the principles of safety and sustainability.
To foster an environment that inherently seeks to improve safety and sustainability, ERCO Worldwide recognizes the importance of continued dialogue and working relationships with its suppliers, customers, distributors, transportation partners, and parties within the supply chain. We do this to ensure that ERCO Worldwide’s products and technologies are used and managed safely, and in an environmentally sound and socially responsible manner throughout their life cycle.
To this end, we create and continuously look to improve our business practices by doing the following.
- Engage in discussions with customers, distributors, carriers, suppliers, and industry associations. We recognize and value the need to exchange and generate information on product and technology risks, and to determine how best to manage these risks.
- Advise our customers, carriers, and distributors of all known hazards associated with products and technologies supplied by ERCO Worldwide.
- Regularly assess suppliers, processes, raw materials, equipment, technology, and services for compliance with our commitments to Responsible Care®, with the goal of helping them to improve their commitment to sustainability.
- Identify risks to the health and safety of employees, customers, transporters, and distributors as products are developed or changed, so that appropriate risk management actions can be implemented.
- Encourage customers, carriers, and distributors to provide feedback that further enhances the safe storage, transportation, use, handling, and disposal of our products.
- Promote our commitment to Responsible Care® and Product Stewardship through regular written correspondence between our customers, carriers, distributors, suppliers, and partners.
- Establish management processes to monitor supply chain partner performance, periodically reviewing needs, assessing capabilities, and documenting improvement opportunities in the areas of product stewardship and safety.